Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Liftoff T -21 hours

The craziness is in full swing. Suddenly our team is having visa issues. One of the team members, Jon, is from the UK so he had to apply for his visa upon arriving back to London on Monday. He has been in Baltimore with us since August 13 and was told he could not apply while in the US after getting rejected by the Indonesian embassy in Washington. So he started jumping through hoops on Monday in London. The embassy requires an official letter of invitation from the company we will be working for, however they wouldn't accept it from the HQ office in Baltimore. They wanted a letter from the Jakarta office. I already have my Indonesia visa, but my passport was then sent to the Nigerian embassy in preparation for our next trip to Africa. My visa was to be ready last Friday, but then was delayed for whatever reason. They said come back Monday...still not ready...come back Tuesday. Finally the gal in Baltimore received my passport along with the Nigerian visa late yesterday afternoon. Fed Ex came through again and I now have my passport and both visas in hand. Travel details for 4 people originating in 4 different locations/2 countries has been a challenge. But I think we are on our way. Wait....breaking news.

I flipped on Matt & Meredith this morning to find out an 8.2 earthquake hit Indonesia this morning. It was centered off Sumatra, but could be felt as far away as Singapore & Malaysia. At this point I believe we are still going, but I don't have enough information. I'll be checking with our Global Asset Protection (GAP) team today to ensure it is safe for us to be there.

Grammie & Beckie get gold stars/atta girls for posting comments.

No comments: