Believe me, I was asking the same questions. Who would have guessed I would be globetrotting to Thailand, Indonesia, Nigeria & Tanzania over a 90 day time frame. Not me, that's for sure. I probably need to bring some of you up to speed on how this all came about.Last summer I was getting the itch to start looking for a new job here in Tulsa. I had been with my current company since we had moved to Tulsa. After putting my feelers out in the job market, I had an offer last August with a local firm to do regional software implementations. This would require some travel in the Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas area. After weighing the facts, I came to the conclusion it didn't seem right so I passed on the opportunity. I had several other interviews and for whatever reason, they determined it wasn't right on their end....we'll talk rejection another time. The good news about job searching while employed is the ability to be more selective. That's a good thing! I kept telling myself that God is in control here, so just relax and keep looking.Well, long story short I started a new job the end of April with an international info technology consulting firm. I've chosen not post the name of the company so my blog won't show up if somebody googles it (career management 101). I belong to the systems integration group and work with the same financial software products that I've been working with since 1996 in Denver. Since starting the new job in April, I have been busy trying to come up to speed, working on some short term projects, and 'warming the bench' (unstaffed). In an effort to get staffed on a long term project, I responded to an internal email looking for a person with my skill set to lead a project with a NGO (non government organization) which provides aid to developing countries. I really didn't think they would staff me on the project since one of the requirements was to have at least 2 years experience with the company. This translates into somebody who has mastered the company methodology learning curve. Wrong...either they were desperate or there's more to this. I believe the latter. All of a sudden I felt like the dog that caught the UPS truck.I decided a blog would be a great way to keep up with family & friends while I'm traveling. I'm new at this, so hopefully I can get it figured out. I'll post my itinerary so you know where I'm at, updates along the way, pictures and some prayer requests as I go. Please participate in posting to my blog.
draft
by Jennifer
12:54:00 PM
Delete
1 – 1 of 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi there! Good job getting your blog up and running. My neice, Suzanne, had one and it was great! She would post where she was and what she was doing and those she "took along with her" could know almost immediately and make comments. I'm looking forward to your trip!
Beckie
I'm still trying to figure this out, plus do 3.5 million other things to get ready. Thanks for your reply so I at least know I can communicate with folks while away.
It is count down time, knowing you,
it will all fall in place. This is so great to be able to keep in touch.
Gram
Post a Comment