The washing machine has been working over time this week to get me regrouped for round 2 of the world tour. This time I will be gone for 3 weeks. Bailey & John are going to think I have abandoned them. Nate is so busy with his life at school that I don't think he has noticed I left the planet yet. Bailey has been quite happy to have me at home this week...in fact she's been a little more high maintenance than usual showing me all of her toys and making sure she gets her daily walks.
Next stop is Abuja, Nigeria. Don't feel bad; I had to get the globe and do a search myself. Nigeria is just west (left) of the center of Africa and is above the equator. The southern tip of Nigeria borders the Atlantic ocean. Abuja is the capitol city. I leave Tulsa Friday afternoon and will travel to Minneapolis and then meet up with Augustin and the client CFO in Amsterdam. We will then travel as a group into Africa. I feel much better about arriving with some of my team instead of by myself!
We will work at the local office Monday - Thursday. On Tuesday, we are scheduled to spend the day with one of the 'partners'. The partners are the ones who actually provide aid to the local people. I believe the one we will see works with HIV/AIDS drug administration. I think it will be quite an experience.
After one week in Nigeria, we will be in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania which is located on the east coast of Africa below the equator. We will then go to another location in the northern region of Tanzania called Mwanza. Mwanza borders Lake Victoria and we've been told it's beautiful. Our client has a small sub office located in Mwanza, so my impression is that it will be the most remote location of our visit. I'm not sure what to expect, but I've packed power bars just in case!!
Please continue to email me at jenniferhaste@cox.net or post to my blog. Also, I appreciate prayer support for safe travel, productive work time, and no issues at home while I am away (Nate!).
My next post may be in Swahili!!
Love, Jen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear you made it safely.
Wow Jen wish you were here in Denver Last night the Rockies swept the Phillies and now we move on to face Arizona this week. The whole city has rockies fever and it is exciting. Haven't given up on my Broncos we play San Diego this afternoon. Hope we can win!
The fall colors are really starting to show and it's beautiful. I bet Bailey does miss you, she is quite the dog.
look forward to hearing about your adventures in Africa. Stay safe.
Love Cheryl
I finally made it to your blog, this is so cool. I am really excited for you and all of these new adventures you are going on. IT must be really strange, but I am sure it is educational. I am not really sure exactly what you are doing so you will have to fill me in. TAke Care and stay safe.
Brenda
Post a Comment