Friday, September 14, 2007

2:55 am

I'm obviously 'livin' on Tulsa time' and not Tokyo time. I arrived in Tokyo mid afternoon on Friday local time after a 12 hour flight from Dallas. I'm traveling on a missionary fare since the NGO we are working for provides aid to developing countries, so I have a 20 hour layover in Tokyo before going on to Jakarta. After over exerting myself on the flight by watching 2 movies and reading 1 book, I was ready to crash for the day (?) when I arrived to my room. Well, now it's 3am (1 pm Tulsa time) and I'm ready to go. I hope to get my days/nights straightened out prior to work Monday morning. So far I'm thankful for a safe flight, bulk head leg room, and an empty seat next to me from Dallas to Tokyo.

I hope the tremors have subsided after the numerous earthquakes in Indonesia over the last two days. Our client is sending resources (cash and people) to the area to assist the locals affected by the earthquakes. We will get to see their emergency response operations in action. Please pray for these people affected as well as those providing aid.

2 comments:

Gram said...

Hi..It's 7:16 PM Fri. 13th. The day was cool, but nice. Jack Frost
arrived last night - the flowers survived, the garden was an early
harvest. Hope help is arriving for the people affected by the earthquake. Such a task to assist everyone needing help. We hope you have a good weekend. You are in our
thought and prayer Gram

Gram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.