Saturday, September 15, 2007

I made it!!

I finally made it to Jakarta. It feels alot like Tulsa in August....hot & muggy. I got a great glimpse of the area as we approached the airport. It definitely looks rural....rice fields, shacks, lots of people on bikes & motorcycles. The 40 minute ride from the airport to my hotel was the scariest part of the entire 48 hour journey. I didn't find my driver right away when I arrived, so I was a little nervous, but didn't let on that I was. I was approached by numerous other drivers that were at the airport trolling for people like me. I finally found my driver and felt safe going with him since he was hired by the company for which we are working. I got into the back seat and discovered I didn't get a seat belt. The driver got himself all buckled in and said no seatbelt in the back. Yikes!! The rules of the road seem to be much more 'creative' here than in the states. But I arrived safely and found my team at the hotel. My room here is actually better than what I had in Baltimore. For some reason I'm not totally surprised by that.

3 comments:

Beckie said...

Thanks for letting us know you made it safely!

Cheryl said...

Hi Jen,
So glad you made it safely, you are very brave. Well the broncos had another wild win yesterday. It was a blast. Thought I would let you know that Clays Uncle Chuck was killed in a freak farm accident and his funeral is in Sheridan today with a memorial service on Wednesday in Denver. Clay is flying in tomorrow. Raining and cool in Denver today.
Have a good week. When do you get back to the states?

Gram said...

Hi, If my math is correct..should be Tues morning, work day # two.We
went to Sheridan to attend Chuck's
funeral. Of course saw Kathy, you met her while you were in Laramie.
I'm glad we went,few in number attending. Had lunch at The Powder Horn with Zen & Dinah, good to see them. They loved The Powder Horn. I see Dr. tomorrow about the ankle.
I know you are busy!! Luv, Gram