I finally decided I might need some medication since my cold wasn't improving after 3+ weeks. The people at our client's office scheduled an appointment for me at 'the clinic'. These are ex-pats (US people living abroad), not locals, so I felt comfortable with whomever they selected. I must say it was the best ‘dr’ experience I’ve had.
I didn’t have to fill out 16 forms or find my insurance card so they could make a copy. There were no HIPAA forms to sign. I simply gave them my name, DOB, gender, and allergies. Two minutes later the gal called me back for blood pressure. 5 minutes later the doctor greeted me in the waiting area and called me to come back. He was French and had a med student shadowing him that looked like she was Nate’s age. After listening to my lungs, Dr. Pierre said it was bronchitis and would need an anti-biotic. Glad I went instead of trying to ride it out any longer. He wrote out 3 RXs, sent me next door to the Chemist and I was out of there in a record 22 minutes. The price was right as well!! Unbelievable. I think we make some things too complicated in the US and could learn some lessons from the Tanzanians in simplicity.
My team went to an Ethiopian restaurant on Wednesday night. We played menu roulette; 3 of the 4 dishes we ordered were good. The food was served on one big round tray that fit on our small round wicker basket/table. You don't use utensils to eat with, but instead use Ethiopian injera bread to sop up the food. Sounds difficult, but it worked and was quite tasty. It was a little messy, but a good experience. Atli, the woman who went to Indonsia with us, is Ethiopian and she recommended we try this place.
I'm glad we didn't eat at the hotel that night. Ryan became our first stomach bug casualty on Thursday. He is just now coming back to life after a rough 2 days.
I need to get some rest. We're moving on to Mwanza.
Love,
Jen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good Momday Morning....Good to know you are feeling better. Enjoy reading about your adventures and the different culture experiences.
From the itinerary schedule, your travels should have you in Mwanza. Thought you might like to have a sports report...the Broncos beat the Steelers 31 to 28, surprise!!
Looking forward to your return to USA. With Love and Prayers, Gram
Hey Jen,
I'm glad you went to the doctor and hope the medications help you feel better. I know it's probably hard to get the proper rest when you are traveling.
YEAH the Broncos won and it was an exciting game down to the last 2 seconds of the game with a winning field goal by Jason. The Rockies will play the Boston Red Sox starting Wed. and Mom Bob and I are flying to Houston on Thursday to help Marla celebrate 30 years with Exxon Mobil.
Take Care.
GO ROCKIES!!!
Post a Comment